Forward Foundation is a New Zealand registered charity that creates development and leadership opportunities for girls through sport. The Ambassador Programme aims to increase participation in girls sport through identifying aspirational young female leaders and enabling them to inspire others to participate in sport.
Their 2020 Ambassador Programme applications are open for any young female leaders in sport. For more details about the programme go to https://www.facebook.com/forwardfoundation.nz/
They are not looking for the best player in the team, they are looking for girls willing and passionate about kicking goals to help grow girls’ sport in New Zealand. Ambassadors must be enrolled in secondary school in NZ (Yr9-13), have initiative, communicate well with all ages and, of course, be passionate about increasing participation in girls’ sport.
The Ambassador Journey
- Attend the two Forward Foundation Ambassador Conferences (24/25 January and July)
- Begin their journey through the Forward Foundation Leadership Award Pathway
- Work with an established mentor who will support them as a young leader
- Occupy an active role with the aim of increasing participation in their sport
- Participate in discussion forums with other Ambassadors from across New Zealand
- Submit regular updates outlining project progress
- Positively promote the Forward Foundation and the Ambassador programme
- Support the Forward Foundation and other partner organisations as the voice for young females in sport and community
Applications close 24th November, 2019
Applications can be accessed via the following link