Showquest has become Showquest on Screen for 2020 and we would love your school to be involved!
There is a place for everyone – rookie camera crew, directors, dancers, choreographers, musicians, actors and post-production editors. Students are encouraged to take on leadership roles and develop their creative skills.
Supported by the MoE, this online-based competition challenges tamariki y1-13 to create a 5-minute self-filmed screen video combining dance, music, drama, art, technology and culture. Teams may film at multiple locations and use costuming, makeup, soundtrack and props as well as filters, special effects, live music and editing to explore a chosen theme.
We will create regional and final “Live Show” videos to send to all schools so that students can watch each other’s performances. In this time of physical distancing, we really value social connections.
- The revised submission date of Friday 28th August 2020.
- No Cost to enter for 2020!
- Online platform allows for any school in NZ to enter
- Online platform adaptable for each of NZ’s Alert Levels
- Over $20,000 worth of prizes for students and schools!
- Award criteria emphasis on storyline over technical execution with equity between schools in mind.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, or to request an info pack!