Ashburton Joinery are looking for the following apprentice.
- Looking for someone keen to learn the joinery trade
- Open to age but quite keen on getting someone young
- Would like some experience but would also consider taking someone on who has no experience
- Manufacture and install kitchens
- Would prefer a male apprentice
- Would like someone with a drivers licence and transport but would consider someone on a learners licence
If you know of anyone suitable can you please have them contact Billy Nolan on 029 770 5479.
Downer is looking for students finishing school or have recently left and interested in civil infrastructure. They are looking for people to join Whakatipu Tētēkura which is a pre-employment training programme plus full time employment at Downer.
What’s on offer:
- Full time employment with career opportunities in front line crew positions nationwide;
- Attend a one week residential programme – part marae based part classroom based (all costs covered by Downer)
- An introduction to the infrastructure industry
- Life skills training and qualifications to get you prepared for your new role
- Ongoing workplace, mentoring and qualification support
To be eligible you must be Māori between the ages of 17 – 23 and they are ideally looking for students who have a full class 1 driver’s license. We have roles nationally.
They are interviewing now! Email email@example.com
Whakatipu Tetekura Poster
Work at Bungy
- A Café Assistant for our Bungy Café starting ASAP
- A Summer Frontline Sales & Service crew member for our Kawarau Bridge site (roughly mid Nov to end Feb)
- A Kitchen Hand for our Bungy Café (starting mid Nov)
- A Photo & Video Operator for our Kawarau Bridge site (starting mid Dec)
For more details go to www.bungy.co.nz/jobs, or to apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must be available full time over Christmas & New Year, as we have a holiday blackout period from mid-December to mid-Jan.
If you are interested in teaching swimming either after school or as a post school job, the Christchurch City Council is looking for instructors. Find all the details on the link below.
Employment during school holidays
We are looking to find mature students over the age of 16 years who have the ability to engage with children, motivate them to join our daily activities and ensure their safety and that they feel valued and cared for. This role will be designed for on going work each school holidays, we are a flexible company that has a lot of young people as employees.
if you are interested please send your CV to Saray on email@example.com
Are you looking to join the workforce to gain valuable skills and for a bit of extra pocket money? A local food business in Hornby and Riccarton is looking for a Year 10 student, with no experience necessary!
Pepe’s are looking for people who are:
- Energetic, bubbly, perky and enthusiastic. A ‘people’ person.
- Willing to learn, always looking to improve your performance
- Mature, reliable and hardworking: you may be described by others are seeming older than your age
- Able to transport yourself to and from our stores at Hornby and Riccarton.
- Able to work approximately 5-12 hours per week (on nights and/or weekends)
Contact Will on 027 2 88 33 44 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
A bakers apprenticeship is available. Please come and see Careers office if interested.
A painting apprenticeship is available for pupils to apply to. Please see Mr Agnew for more details.
Chris Walsh of Tree Tech is offering a number of Arborist Apprenticeships in Christchurch right now- this may suit school leavers. Contact Chris Walsh email@example.com or see Trademe Jobs for the advertisements.
MESSAGE FROM RANNERDALE WAR VETERANS HOME:
As you know Rannerdale War Veterans Home Ltd operates on Suva Street. We currently have residents who require rest home level care and hospital level care.
Our biggest staffing group is Healthcare Assistants (HCA’s), many of whom have been nurses in their own countries before immigrating to New Zealand.
We have opportunities for casual HCA’s in our facility with shift times that are in the evening from 5pm to 9pm 7 days a week or in the weekends we have numerous shift times.
We are interesting in recruiting any of your students who may wish to pursue a nursing career. This is a fantastic opportunity to understand the nursing process at grass roots level.
We offer full manual handling training (which is how to operate hoists, how to move, toilet residents etc). We also offer full orientations to all our staff.
If you have any pupils who are interesting at looking at becoming nurses and who could be nursing students next year we would be more than happy to discuss the possibility of casual employment at Rannerdale.
The starting wage for an HCA is $20.50 and we also pay an allowance in the weekend on top of this rate of $7.87.
FINANCE & BUSINESS MANAGER
DDI: (03) 982 8636 (Mobile) 0274 283 214 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Either contact Angie directly or see Mrs Bailey for more information.