Federated Farmers and Primary ITO have teamed up on the Federated Farmers Apprenticeship Dairy – a new apprenticeship to rapidly grow people capability in the industry.
Apprentices will ‘earn while they learn’, develop their skills on-job and grow their careers. Employers will enjoy motivated staff, and learn and grow throughout the apprenticeship too.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
Registrations of interest are open from people looking to become an apprentice, and from employers who either want to recruit new apprentices, or who have current staff keen to become an apprentice. Once your registration has been received, we’ll be in touch to discuss if being an apprentice or an employer could work for you.
If you’re an apprentice, you’ll be trained by a Federated Farmers member and employer who is invested in helping you to succeed.
If you’re an apprentice you’ll work alongside your employer to grow your skills on-job, attend local learning events and gain NZQA-recognised qualifications.
Register to become an apprentice
As an apprentice, you’ll work with and be trained by a Federated Farmers member and employer who is invested in helping you to succeed. You’ll ‘earn while you learn’, work and learn in an exciting and innovative environment, and be part of your local farming community. Your local Primary ITO Training Adviser can talk you through the options of getting started in the industry if you’re not yet working on a farm.
To find out more about careers at the CDHB, explore this website
Ashburton Joinery are looking for the following apprentice.
- Looking for someone keen to learn the joinery trade
- Open to age but quite keen on getting someone young
- Would like some experience but would also consider taking someone on who has no experience
- Manufacture and install kitchens
- Would prefer a male apprentice
- Would like someone with a drivers licence and transport but would consider someone on a learners licence
If you know of anyone suitable can you please have them contact Billy Nolan on 029 770 5479.
Downer is looking for students finishing school or have recently left and interested in civil infrastructure. They are looking for people to join Whakatipu Tētēkura which is a pre-employment training programme plus full time employment at Downer.
What’s on offer:
- Full time employment with career opportunities in front line crew positions nationwide;
- Attend a one week residential programme – part marae based part classroom based (all costs covered by Downer)
- An introduction to the infrastructure industry
- Life skills training and qualifications to get you prepared for your new role
- Ongoing workplace, mentoring and qualification support
To be eligible you must be Māori between the ages of 17 – 23 and they are ideally looking for students who have a full class 1 driver’s license. We have roles nationally.
They are interviewing now! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Whakatipu Tetekura Poster
A bakers apprenticeship is available. Please come and see Careers office if interested.
A painting apprenticeship is available for pupils to apply to. Please see Mr Agnew for more details.
Chris Walsh of Tree Tech is offering a number of Arborist Apprenticeships in Christchurch right now- this may suit school leavers. Contact Chris Walsh email@example.com or see Trademe Jobs for the advertisements.
See Mrs Bailey if you are keen for a joinery apprenticeship with Aspen Joinery.
AJ Hackett Bungy NZ are hiring:
- Photo & Video Specialists for the Kawarau site
- Ride Masters for the Nevis & Kawarau sites
- Jump Controllers for the Queenstown sites
- Ride Operators for the Nevis & Kawarau sites
- Kitchen Hand/Short Order Cook for the Bungy Cafe
- Part Time Cleaner/Groundskeeper for the Nevis & Kawarau sites
Check out the job opportunities at the job board www.bungy.co.nz/jobs (don’t panic if the roles aren’t listed yet, they should be in a couple of weeks!) or apply directly to the Heidi Gillingham at firstname.lastname@example.org (making sure to reference that you’re studying at Middleton Grange School)