Specific Student Job Websites
We have analysed the list below and determine these websites to be active. All are free to use.
- Student Job Search – the ultimate student directory, with jobs around the country available year-round. Register for free and shortlist based on what interests you.
- Backpackerboard.co.nz – this is a useful list for summer jobs, where the tourism and fruit harvesting seasons peak and businesses are desperate for staff.
- Trademe.co.nz Part-Time Jobs – Trade Me is best used with a filter. You can search for jobs by sector, with ‘Retail’ likely to be the most useful.
- Neighbourly.co.nz – depending on where you live, there are usually listings for both wanted and jobs available. It’s useful if you want to advertise your services, such as lawn mowing, baby sitting or dog walking etc.
- Babysits – this is a growing network where you can register, build a profile and set your availability and rates
Companies who Directly Recruit Students
We have grouped major nationwide retailers into specific categories and linked to their job application portals. We cover all major supermarkets, fashion retailers, fast food chains and cinemas.
Food & Beverage Student Jobs
Merchandise and Chain Store Student Jobs
Companies hiring students who don’t offer online applications
- Muffin Break
Work at Bungy
- A Café Assistant for our Bungy Café starting ASAP
- A Summer Frontline Sales & Service crew member for our Kawarau Bridge site (roughly mid Nov to end Feb)
- A Kitchen Hand for our Bungy Café (starting mid Nov)
- A Photo & Video Operator for our Kawarau Bridge site (starting mid Dec)
For more details go to www.bungy.co.nz/jobs, or to apply directly to email@example.com. You must be available full time over Christmas & New Year, as we have a holiday blackout period from mid-December to mid-Jan.
If you are interested in teaching swimming either after school or as a post school job, the Christchurch City Council is looking for instructors. Find all the details on the link below.
Employment during school holidays
We are looking to find mature students over the age of 16 years who have the ability to engage with children, motivate them to join our daily activities and ensure their safety and that they feel valued and cared for. This role will be designed for on going work each school holidays, we are a flexible company that has a lot of young people as employees.
if you are interested please send your CV to Saray on firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you looking to join the workforce to gain valuable skills and for a bit of extra pocket money? A local food business in Hornby and Riccarton is looking for a Year 10 student, with no experience necessary!
Pepe’s are looking for people who are:
- Energetic, bubbly, perky and enthusiastic. A ‘people’ person.
- Willing to learn, always looking to improve your performance
- Mature, reliable and hardworking: you may be described by others are seeming older than your age
- Able to transport yourself to and from our stores at Hornby and Riccarton.
- Able to work approximately 5-12 hours per week (on nights and/or weekends)
Contact Will on 027 2 88 33 44 or email@example.com for more info
MESSAGE FROM RANNERDALE WAR VETERANS HOME:
As you know Rannerdale War Veterans Home Ltd operates on Suva Street. We currently have residents who require rest home level care and hospital level care.
Our biggest staffing group is Healthcare Assistants (HCA’s), many of whom have been nurses in their own countries before immigrating to New Zealand.
We have opportunities for casual HCA’s in our facility with shift times that are in the evening from 5pm to 9pm 7 days a week or in the weekends we have numerous shift times.
We are interesting in recruiting any of your students who may wish to pursue a nursing career. This is a fantastic opportunity to understand the nursing process at grass roots level.
We offer full manual handling training (which is how to operate hoists, how to move, toilet residents etc). We also offer full orientations to all our staff.
If you have any pupils who are interesting at looking at becoming nurses and who could be nursing students next year we would be more than happy to discuss the possibility of casual employment at Rannerdale.
The starting wage for an HCA is $20.50 and we also pay an allowance in the weekend on top of this rate of $7.87.
FINANCE & BUSINESS MANAGER
DDI: (03) 982 8636 (Mobile) 0274 283 214 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Either contact Angie directly or see Mrs Bailey for more information.
All Star Kids Club are looking for student volunteers to work with children with special needs. Volunteers must be 15 years or older and will be paid $25 per day to cover their expenses.
The All Stars Kids Club is a holiday program for children aged 5 – 15 years old, who have a physical and or intellectual disabilities. The program runs every school holidays from 8.30am – 3.00pm and is based at Shirley Intermediate School.
The All Stars Kids Club needs student volunteers who:
· Have a desire to work with children who have special needs
· Have a positive and inclusive attitude
· Are reliable and punctual
· Have a willingness to learn and try new things
· Have the ability to follow instructions
· Are able to mix well with others and be a team player
· Like to have a bit of fun
The next holiday program runs from: 8th July – 19th July 2019
If you are interested in volunteering please contact Donna on 021 023 86828
Are you looking to join the workforce for a bit of extra pocket money? A local food business in Hornby and Riccarton is looking for a Year 10 student, with no experience necessary!
They are looking for people who are:
-Energetic, bubbly, perky and enthusiastic. A ‘people’ person.
-Willing to learn, always looking to improve your performance
-Mature, reliable and hardworking: you may be described by others as seeming older than your age
-Able to transport yourself to and from the stores at Hornby and Riccarton.
-Able to work approximately 5-12 hours per week (on nights and/or weekends)
See message below from Haven at YMCA re volunteering during the school holidays:
The YMCA is always looking for volunteer leaders for our School Holiday Programmes and at the moment I am looking for those interested in being part of our April School Holiday Programmes. With Easter in the middle this is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to test the waters on volunteering and still have a break!
The dates for the programmes are as follows:
Friday 26th*There will also be a full day training (Saturday or Sunday) early April that all Volunteers must
We are running x7 Christchurch based programmes both weeks as well as our regular week long camp in Wainui in week two. Volunteers need to be 15 years or older and will be provided with full training, further development & leadership opportunities, a reference for their CV, and full support from our Youth Development Services staff.
Their experience with us provides them with the opportunity to plan and facilitate activities, hold roles of responsibility within the team, step outside of their comfort zone, grow in their strengths, and give back to their community through caring and connecting with children and their peers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for students for a large variety of reasons including: Those who
are required to do a school service or who are apart of the Young NZ Challenge (Duke of
Edinburgh Award). It can also be very beneficial for senior students who may be either
looking for part-time work with little to no experience, or students who are looking at
university studies in related fields.
If you know of any students interested in Volunteering with us, please send them to our website https://www.ymcachch.org.nz/ (volunteering & employment tab) and complete the Expression of Interest Form, or they can contact me directly via email/phone (see below).
YDS – Youth Development Worker
12 Hereford Street, PO Box 2004
Christchurch 8140, New Zealand
P 64 3 366 0689 E email@example.com
Front of House positions available at Dose Diner on Blenheim Road – both full-time and part-time.
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org