Downer have full time roles available for youth as part of Whakatipu Tētēkura.
What is Whakatipu Tētēkura:
Whakatipu Tētēkura is designed for Māori school leavers, and consists of a series of marae and classroom-based residential workshops where you will learn life skills training and qualifications to get you work ready and prepared for employment with Downer. This programme leads to full time permanent employment with Downer.
What’s on offer:
- The one week residential programme is– part marae based part classroom based which will give you:
- An introduction to the infrastructure industry
- Life skills training and qualifications to get you prepared for your new role
- Ongoing workplace, mentoring and qualification support
- There are two programmes 7th– 11th December 2020 and 14th-18th December 2020 (all costs covered by Downer).
- After you have successfully completed the programme you will be offered full time permanent employment (start date 2021) with career opportunities in front line crew positions nationwide;
Who can apply:
- We are looking for students finishing school or have recently left and are looking for a foot in the civil infrastructure door
- To be eligible you must be Māori between the ages of 17 – 24
- We are ideally looking for those who have a restricted driver’s license, bonus if you have a full class 1!
- We have roles nationally
I’m interested – what next:
- Apply now directly on line: http://careers.downergroup.com/cw/en/job/574493/whakatipu-t%C4%93t%C4%93kura-school-leavers-opportunity
- All we need from you is your CV, driver’s license details and what location you are looking for work.
- After you have applied online, if you are shortlisted we will give you a call for a phone screen – if you are successful you will have a face to face interview with a Downer manager in your location.
- If you impress the manager in your interview you will come to Christchurch for Whakatipu Tētēkura .
- After you have completed the programme you will be offered a contract and then start your new role.
- Please don’t delay your application we are looking to interview now.
Please feel free to share this with your friends and whanau who might be interested
If you would like more information you can: